Thursday, December 17, 2009

Eating Healthy during the Holidays

Once again the cookies, cakes and candy are piling in from friends and family, and I must admit, I've been doing a little baking myself. Before you go into sugar overload, think.... That's right, just think about how it will make you feel after you eat it, what it will do to your hips, what it does to your internal systems and then after you've thought about it for a minute or two, and if you still want it, go ahead. I've found that if I truly think about what I'm putting into my body and how it makes me feel, I do a much better job of eating well. There's always going to be that family favorite chocolate cake (my Granny made the best Hershey's Chocolate Cake!) or that wonderful pecan pie that will be worth it, but if you try to eat just a little to satisfy that need, you'll feel better and be happier with yourself afterwards. I hope to post a few of my favorite healthy holiday recipes here soon, so stay tuned..

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment